Welcome to the College of Arts & Sciences, Class of 2024!
As a student of the CAS you can expect to develop and refine skills such as critical thinking, analysis, communication, and problem-solving, which are just a few of our College Learning Outcomes. Such skills transcend majors and disciplines and are crucial elements needed to meet the changes ahead.
Requirements for the CAS are relatively simple and easily understood. The links to the left contain a wealth of information about starting and continuing academic life in the CAS and we hope you will find them useful. Your final authority on rules and requirements is the University Catalog - so make sure you refer to it for accuracy!
Here are helpful links available that we have dubbed our "First-Year Student Essentials". Please check them out and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions!
- College First-Year Seminars
- Course Registration Guide
- What Courses Should I Take?
- What Courses Should I Take for Arts-Engineering?
- Courses available to first year students
- First Year Course Placement Information
- Advanced Placement & College Credit Information
- Advising Mentors
- Course Selection vs. Career Advising
- Advising FAQs
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs