Welcome, Class of 2027!
As a student of the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) you can expect to develop and refine skills such as critical thinking, analysis, communication, and problem-solving, which are just a few of our College Learning Outcomes. Such skills transcend majors and disciplines and are crucial elements needed to meet the challenges of a coninuously changing world.
Requirements for the CAS are relatively simple. Your final authority on rules and requirements is the University Catalog - so make sure you refer to it for accuracy!
Here are helpful links available that we have dubbed our "First-Year Student Essentials". Please check them out and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions!
- Course Registration Guide
- Sample First-Year Schedules
- First Year Seminars
- Advanced Placement & College Credit Information
- Courses available to First-Year students
- First Year Course Placement Information
- Academic Advisors
- Advising FAQs
- Course Selection vs. Career Advising
- Live Chat with CAS Advising Center
Professor Kelly Austin
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs