Graduate Student Petitions

Any Lehigh student or applicant for student status, faculty or staff member, or applicant for faculty or staff positions has the right to make a complaint of discrimination.  In cases involving harassment, the complaint should be filed in accordance with Lehigh’s Policy on Harassment, which specifies procedures for both informal and formal resolution.  Other complaints of discrimination should be made to any of the following people:

  • A staff member in the Dean of Students Office or Human Resources;
  • An academic department chair;
  • An administrator (for the purposes of this policy, administrators include academic associate deans and deans of the four colleges, vice provosts, assistant and associate vice presidents, vice presidents, and the president);
  • The Ombudsperson;
  • The Provost;
  • The Vice President for Finance and Administration

These people will be knowledgeable about this policy and can offer guidance in obtaining further assistance. Any general concerns about discrimination should be sent to the Provost (for faculty and students) and the Vice President for Finance and Administration (for staff) whose responsibilities include handling complaints and keeping Lehigh in compliance with this policy.

Graduate Student Program Petition Link

 Lehigh University does not discriminate against any person based on age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or familial status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. For students, this applies to educational programs, residential environments, athletics and other co-curricular programs, social and recreational programs, and student services. For faculty, staff, and student employees, this applies to all employment decisions, including selection, benefits, compensation, tenure, training and educational programs, transfer, promotion/demotion, layoff, return from layoff, and termination.

The following advice for graduate petitions may be useful: Please click here for advice on Graduate Student Petitions.